Friday 22 June 2012

Participant Taj Mahal Experience

My Visit To The Taj Mahal


On 17th of June 2012 we ST and AT participants  from all over the SAARC countries visited the Shah Jahan's Red Fort and Taj Mahal. This is definitely one of the Seven Wonders of the World.

Seeing the Taj for me the first time was amazing. The Taj itself was magnificent.  Taj Mahal in true sense is a perfect example of love, emotions and beauty. After reading about it in magazines and books, when I actually saw the monument I was simply amazed by this white beauty.
There is a long walkway from the entrance to the actual structure. The outside of the building has beautiful marble carvings all along the walls. There are steps and walkways made of marble all around the building, and we were walking all the way around it. The building and towers are perfectly symmetrical, so whatever is on the left side on the right. Part of the magic of seeing the Taj in person is the way the light of the sun and the moon play off the marble. The mood of the Taj literally changes .
It was very hot in Agra, but our fortunate the climate came into normal, so we did not get any hesitate to be long (1.30 hour) queue  to enter inside the building.

Inside, I am really lucky to see the view of the marble tombs of Mumtaz and Shah Jahan in underneath because it has been opened for Shah Jahan's Death Anniversary. The inside of the Taj is lit by natural lighting, so it is a bit dark. The walls inside are also beautifully carved, with wonderful inlay work and intricate detail. The inside of the Taj is actually smaller than I had thought.

I really enjoyed my visit to the Taj, and I'm really glad I got a chance to see it. It was definitely a memorable and remarkable experience in my life. I would like to  thank SDC and NISCAIR for the trip.
S. L. Siyath Ahemed
Assistant Librarian
Parliament of Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka
20.06.2012

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir..yess..TAJ is really awesome..hope you have enjoyed your trip to TAJ and to INDIA too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We enjoyed a lot. I would also like to join S.L sir in thanking SDC and NISCAIR for organizing such a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read your full post and I want to say that your blog is effective and you are sharing good information with readers. If you want to visit Agra city then book a cab with One way cab from Agra at cheapest price.

    ReplyDelete